We're excited to announce and to formally open the online registration for the 3rd Annual ACAPS Plastic Surgery Boot Camp program. Again, in response to ongoing changes in graduate medical education, the purpose of this new program is to facilitate the transition of both Integrated and Independent residents into Plastic Surgery training. We believe the Boot Camp will provide standardized and timely exposure to critical clinical content in Plastic Surgery, helping to keep us both accountable for the global education of our trainees and on the forefront of adult surgical education. We have therefore established a "hands-on", practicum-based, three-day weekend course; focusing on high-yield topics, in a "low/no risk" educational environment. The course is scheduled to occur this year in four different locations and dates in order to best facilitate regional participation.
In regards to having your program's Integrated and/or Independent R1 residents attend this year's Boot Camp, please take into consideration the following:
- The course is limited to only those residents who will be in their first year of Plastic Surgery residency training, beginning July 1, 2017, in either the Integrated or Independent track.
- The course is FREE to all programs and participants, excluding travel costs to and from the boot camp site. All course materials, housing, and meals will be covered via generous industry support, including from our main sponsor, Allergan. Hotel reservations will be made for all participants by the boot camp organizers.
- Registration is available online only, until we reach the limit of 36 resident participants per site. There will be no onsite registration.
- Please note in the included program curriculum, that Integrated residents are to arrive in time for the Friday afternoon session; while the Independent residents are to arrive in time for the sessions beginning on Saturday morning. All residents are expected to remain until completion of the course on Sunday at noon.
- It is worth reminding those programs who are considering sending their residents, that the time away from their clinical duties should be communicated with the appropriate services in order to ensure the appropriate amount of time off and to avoid any last minute conflicts or cancellations.
If your program is interested in participating, please complete the online registration
Vu T. Nguyen, M.D.
Chair, ACAPS Boot Camp Task Force