Section Head, Pediatric Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado School of Medicine
(Position Number 00739331)
The Section Head of Pediatric Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery has responsibility for University programs at affiliated teaching hospitals of the University of Colorado, School of Medicine. The Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Division has programs at the Children’s Hospital Colorado. The Section Head will be responsible for academic activities including teaching of medical students, residents and fellows, research, and related service duties. Leadership and communication skills are important.
- Medical Degree from an accredited school of medicine
- Completed an accredited Plastic and Reconstructive Pediatric Plastic Surgery Fellowship or equivalent training
- Board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Demonstrated proficiency in plastic and reconstructive clinical, educational, and research efforts
- Ability to communicate clearly as a leader of a team
- Current license to practice as a physician in the state of Colorado with prescriptive privileges
- Have a record of academic accomplishments to merit appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or Professor
Salary and Benefits:
- Experience in an academic clinical environment is preferred
- The candidate should also demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in basic or clinical research
- Desire for programmatic development and expansion experience
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/pbs/.
Required Application Materials:
When applying at www.jobsatcu.com, applicants must include: (list and be specific)
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment.
- Cover Letter
- Current CV/Resume
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references
The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Interested applicants should apply at https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=11341&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.WfeJcFEPCZ8.mailto