The Department of Surgery at the University of Colorado, School of Medicine, in conjunction with the University of Colorado Hospital and the Children’s Hospital Colorado, is recruiting a residency-trained Plastic Surgeon to join the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Candidates must have completed an approved Plastic Surgery residency program and be certified or eligible for certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. The position will primarily focus on pediatric surgery including hand, reconstructive, microsurgical, aesthetic/cosmetic, and will involve care of patients the Children’s Hospital Colorado and its affiliates. This is an open rank faculty position and will be filled at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. The candidate should also demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Medical Degree from an accredited school of medicine
- Board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Demonstrated proficiency in plastic and reconstructive clinical, educational, and research efforts
- Ability to communicate clearly as an integral member of a team
- Current license to practice as a physician in the state of Colorado with prescriptive privileges
- Experience or training in pediatric hand surgery and/or brachial plexus surgery and also microsurgery.
- Experience in an academic clinical environment is preferred.
- The candidate should also demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills.