The Section of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine is seeking a full time Plastic Surgeon at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. A strong interest in Breast Reconstruction especially microsurgical reconstruction of breast is highly desirable and a fellowship in microsurgery is preferred. Minimum qualifications include an MD degree and ABPS board certification or in the process of certification with strong interest in patient care, teaching and research. Appointment and salary commensurate with training and experience.
The Plastic Surgery service has a busy referral based clinical practice covering the breadth of the specialty. The candidate is encouraged to develop centers of excellence in areas of interest.
Responsibilities will include patient care at the OU Medical Center in the Section of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, teaching responsibilities for undergraduate and resident education program in Plastic Surgery. Email a letter of interest outlining your experience related to the position and complete curriculum vitae and names of references.
Other items you can look forward to in Oklahoma City include:
- Faculty appointment
- Occurrence based malpractice
- Participation in ongoing clinical research and instruction of residents
- Generous vacation time and supported CME opportunities
- OU Medical Center Top 100 Hospitals to Work For
- OU Medical Center ranked number one in the Oklahoma City metro area in its 2011-2012 Best Hospitals rankings by US News and World Report
- Oklahoma City cited by Forbes as the number 1 "American Recession Proof City"
- Oklahoma City is cited by The Best Places Almanac as one of the "Best Places to Live in North America" and many physicians live in Edmond which is rated by CNN "Best Places to Live"
- Three Edmond High Schools ranked among Newsweek's 'Top of the Class' Listing
- Oklahoma City is undergoing a billion-dollar renaissance with improvements across nearly every sector, including the new Bricktown Entertainment District
To apply, send fax, or e-mail curriculum vitae to:
Anthony Tufaro, M.D.
Chief of Plastic Surgery
Department of Surgery
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
800 Stanton L. Young Blvd, Suite 8300
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
"The University of Oklahoma is an EO/AA Institution http://www.ou.edu/eoo/. Individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply."