Jeffrey Janis, MD
We continue to move forward on all initiatives that have been outlined in our monthly newsletter and that were summarized last month as part of my midterm report. I wanted to personally thank all of you who attended or participated in our Winter Retreat this past weekend in Chicago, which was a phenomenal success. We had an incredible meeting agenda, as you know, that was expertly assembled by Drs. Scott Hultman and Bob Weber with further assistance from Dr. Arun Gosain from the Mentorship committee. We were able to video some of the content which we will post to our website as well as PSEN, so for those review that were unable to attend in person, we will send out notification to our membership when this is available so that it can be a resource for those review that are interested.
Another item that we are working on is collaboration with other societies, organizations, and entities. I have had communications with PRS and with our Board of Directors approval this past weekend in Chicago, we are moving forward with several initiatives that I would like to highlight to you below:
- The ACAPS Board of Directors Resident Member would have as his/her responsibilities to blog for PRS Resident Chronicles frequently during their term as an ACAPS representative. Jennie Cheesborough will be taking on this responsibility for her term (see her bio below).
- We will have an ACAPS Abstract Supplement in PRS Global Open for our Winter Retreat. This is being assembled as we speak with a publish date of February or March.
- Reciprocal Linking on both websites
- PRS/PRS Global Open will link to ACAPS under "Residents Tab" and in PRS's "connect" webpart
- ACAPS will link to PRS on our homepage
- Link to the PRS PS Educatorsí article collection from ACAPS site
- PS Educator's Article Series as a joint venture for ACAPS/PRS
To finish our monthly newsletter, I would like to highlight the work of our Fellowship Committee under the direction of Dr. Jim Higgins and Dr. Joe Losee, as well as introduce two new members of our Board of Directors, Kathy Hoh as the Program Coordinators Representative and Jennie Cheesborough as the Resident Representative. Their bios are below.
Yours in service,
- Jeff Janis
Our focus has been amassing the inventory of fellowship opportunities for the website. It has included a complete listing of hand, craniofacial, aesthetic & breast, burn, microsurgery and pediatric plastic surgery. There are 217 listed fellowships with contact information, location and fellowship size. The list has been sent to our website committee for incorporation into the ACAPS site. It is our hope that we can incorporate a feedback/update mechanism, whereby additions/corrections will be supplied by users over the years. It would grow and morph like Wikipedia and avoid becoming outdated.
James Higgins, MD