In 2012 the American Council of Academic Plastic Surgeons (ACAPS) inaugurated the Robert Goldwyn ACAPS Mentor of the Year Award. The award was proposed by the 2011-2012 ACAPS President, Dr. Joseph Serletti, and is issued during the ACAPS programming component of the American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS) annual meeting every spring. Dr. Goldwyn was a tremendous mentor to many plastic surgeons and ACAPS wanted to recognize his mentoring and inspiration through this annual award. The recipient of the award is an ACAPS member who has contributed significantly to the development of ethical, compassionate and academically productive surgeons for the next generation. The original intent was for the recipient of this award to visit 2 or 3 programs as a visiting professor and industry funding is secured annually to support the travel expenses for this visiting professorship.
ACAPS Visiting Professor Program Guidelines
- Complete an online application form
- Visits are recommended to be two days and one night in duration.
- Visits may include lectures, discussion groups, patient evaluations, and ward rounds.
- Each host will arrange visit details directly with the Visiting Professor once they have been notified by ACAPS that their invitation has been accepted.
- Host institution should be willing to support hotel and meals for the Visiting Professor./li>
- Appropriate recognition must be provided to the ACAPS
- If required, specific privileges necessary for operative procedures are to be obtained by the host institution.
2022 - Joseph E. Losee, MD
2021 – Arun K. Gosain, MD
2019 – Linda G. Phillips, MD
2018 – James E. Zins, MD
2017 – Joseph M. Serletti, MD
2016 – Raymond F. Morgan, MD
2015 – Joseph G. McCarthy, MD
2014 – Julian Pribaz, MD
2013 – J. William Futrell, MD
2012 – Paul N. Manson, MD