ACAPS has set forth a policy that all integrated plastic surgery programs will coordinate when they announce interview dates and distribute interview invitations. The purpose of this is to improve the efficiency of scheduling for applicants and programs. Advanced planning is intended to help applicants better plan for travel and to minimize cancellation and rescheduling of interviews.
Please note that the following policies pertain ONLY to the first round of interview invitations. ACAPS does not have a policy in place for the distribution of interview invitations after the first round.
A public calendar will be maintained through ACAPS to organize the process of identifying and selecting interview dates. This calendar can be viewed by programs and applicants. Programs are strongly encouraged to enter their interview dates on the site as soon as possible or by the deadline of September 15. (http://acaplasticsurgeons.org/interview-dates)
I. Extending Interview Invitations:
Programs must ONLY offer the first round of interview invitations on Friday, November 12th
- Interview invitations must be extended between the hours of 8:00am and 12:00pm Pacific Time / 9:00 am – 1:00pm Mountain Time / 10:00am – 2:00pm Central Time / 11:00am – 3:00pm Eastern Time.
- Programs using a scheduling program to extend invitations must ensure that applicants must not have the ability to schedule an interview prior to Monday, November 15, 2021.
- Programs must not extend more invitations than there are interview slots.
- The invitation should clearly state the deadline date by which an applicant must respond to the invitation.
- Programs should make it clear in the invitation that applicants should not respond before Monday, November 15, 2021. Early responses are not valid.
- Interview invitations should be received between the hours noted above (I.A.1).
- If you received an interview invitation, you are guaranteed an interview slot as long as you respond by the deadline stated in the invitation. Please be aware that you may not get your preferred date or time.
- Applicants must not schedule an interview prior to Monday, November 15, 2021 even if the software program permits early scheduling.
- Applicants should not respond to the invitation before the date and time set forth in the ACAPS policy (II.C.1). Early responses are not valid.
II. Accepting Interview Invitations:
The acceptance date set forth in the ACAPS policy is Monday, November 15, 2021.
- You may begin responding to the first round of invitations starting at 8:00am Pacific / 9:00am Mountain / 10:00am Central / 11:00am Eastern on Monday, November 15, 2021.
- You should not receive confirmation of an interview prior to Monday, November 15, 2021. Early confirmation from a program is a violation of the policy.
- Programs should disregard any attempts by the applicant to schedule an interview prior to Monday, November 15, 2021 as set forth by the ACAPS policy.
- Applicants in the first round MUST NOT BE CONFIRMED for their interview prior to 8:00am Pacific / 9:00am Mountain / 10:00am Central / 11:00am Eastern on Monday, November 15, 2021.